
Such a bulk of readings + 0, clearly not going to be a balancing day with so much buying lifted on the ask. The problem with regular old TICK is this information is hard to spot/digest while in the heat of battle.
good algorithm from the ninja board from dr brett:
1. Indicator is on the 1 minute $Tick index.2. Calculate the average of (High, Low and Close)/3 for each bar3. Calculate the average of the previous 2030 bars of the above before current day (this is 5 days (5 x 406 bars)(Brett uses 20 days instead).4. Take the close of current 1 minute Tick bar and minus the value calculated in 3.5. Add the the current value in 4 to the last value calculated, making it cumulative. Start the day at zero, although maybe that isn't important.
The thing is i'm not so sure that is really what I am after. The average of the bar is an interesting concept though. I may try something like a moving average that would plot bar[0] + ((H + L + C) / 3). Basically, start at 0 at 9:30 and sum the average of each 1 minute bar through the day, plot it. That way the skew of the ticks could be quantified, possibly even trying to get fills on divergences.
1 comment:
Hey Nate - I noticed you took my forum post off the Ninja Trader forum. It's a shame someone can't code the indicator - I have done a limited test with excel and it look promising, but would be alot faster with Ninja.
It's funny how you seem to be interested in all the same technical tools as me! Would be good to share ideas I guess.
Post a Comment